Monday, June 30, 2008

Who is the Teacher?

Today I was taught...A LOT! I learned how to catch a bus out of town. Ya know, we should really teach that skill in school. It is not that easy. And then it gets more complicated when the schedules are not in English. Well I knew the bus left early, but I also thought well there have to be several buses leaving town. So I was at the station around 8am, the bus left at 7:50am. Ok, well plan B...the next bus is at 9:30. Yep, I waited around for and hour and a half. So then I go out to the bus and start to pay for a ticket and the bus driver says, "To Oslo, correct?" OH NO! I get off and go back into the station, the lady tells me to just wait. OK, but it is like 9:30am right now. So I call Trip when I get on the bus and say I will arrive I think at 10:40am...well that was wrong. I arrived at 10am. So I called him and he came to pick me up. It is just a short walk from the church where I get off to the dock. So I jump aboard the boat and he says, "Hey want to drive?" Well yeah, ok. So I also learned to drive a boat. I don't know anyone personally with a boat and the last time someone let me drive a boat I was ten. So I guided us back to the Island. Trip kept telling me to go faster, faster, I am not as adventurous as I would like to think I am. I think I have become cautious in my old age. I did several circles out in the ocean to get the feel and then headed to the house. Summer and I worked for a solid 5 hours and then I took the 4:20pm bus home. But I had to work for it, I had to drive the boat to the dock. I stink at docking. I waited 8min at the stop and then got on the bus. It is a nice ride home. I am one of 3 people on the bus, it is beautiful scenery and I get to not think about anything for 30 min. When I got home, I stopped by the store, got something to fix for dinner and then headed home. It is like I actually live here. Ya know I could get used to this life. If only life was always this simple and relaxing. I like it here, just in case you can't tell. Hope all is well from home, keep the e-mails and messages coming, I like to hear from all of you. Thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. It was a good one, spent with my family. Ha Det!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! Driving the boat! that sounds like fun! Glad you had a great birthday!