Well there is not mush to report today. Trip left early this morning and then Par left this afternoon. So around noon Summer and I were left on our own. She tested the waters today. Before lunch I made her mad because i told her we could not have lunch until we finished what we were doing. She put her head down and would not talk to me. But then shortly she apologized and we got through our work and got to eat lunch. I think she only gave in because she was hungry. We were on our own for lunch and i was fixing left overs (a Jolley specialty) I asked her to go down and get some ice. She was swinging and said not, you go get it. I said that is not nice and walked off. She wanted to see if i would push her to do it. When she came in and asked about lunch i had not fixed her any. She asked why and i said cause she did not go and get ice. She immediately jumped to getting the ice. Food must be a great motivator for that girl. We had a talk about how she is going o have to mind me for the few days while mom is gone and things will not be fun if she does not listen.
So in the states when fixing left overs, one would just pop it into the microwave. Well the microwave/conventional oven is not that easy. It has two dials and then some buttons. It is not easy to figure out. But I eventually pushed the correct combination of buttons and the oven began to heat. Then after I heated mine, i had to do it again to heat Summer's. I did not get it right the first time.
After lunch we worked some more and then took a ride out on the Ranger. We took the video camera. Summer did not do that well holding it steady. But we go some good shots. Summer pointed to this area that looked like there were tire tracks running through it, she said lets go that way. Well it was NOT A GOOD IDEA! It was steep, and narrow and I thought at one point I had the ranger stuck. But I took it a little bit father and then was able to turn around. I was very nervous. And when we got out of the brush Summer said, I was scared. Yeah caught all on tape. Haha.
Well I parked it out in the open and we got off and walked back through that same opening. I wanted to see where it went. It goes back to another housing area. So in total including the house I am living in I have seen 6 houses where people can sleep. Not all of them are used all the time, but they all have running water and plumbing to them, so that is a house.
After we got back to the main house, Nora arrived sometime shortly after that. And ever since then we have been relaxing and doin' nothing. I switched rooms becasue tomorrow 3 Norwegian ladies and one French lady are coming to stay here. They are Nora's good friends. moved to a room with only one bed so that they other ladies can share a room with 2 beds. Well talk to you all soon. BYE!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm curious about the landscape. You talk about climbing hills and getting stuck in rocks yet Trip is mowing grass. I guess I thought it was a big open field of 40 acres of grass. Can you give us a verbal picture of what it looks like? Love Mom
I am so happy that you are able to experience all of these new things. Are you keeping a diary of everything that goes on? Your blogs are very good. You should consider writing a book about this adventure when you get back. Just reading your blog is great and I am learning a lot about the culture and way of life there. Thanks for sharing. It is good to hear you are adapting well.
Morning Megan:
Sorry I called so late last night about receiving the Computer battery. I forget about the time difference of seven hours. I had been working out in the green house building new steps and shelves for some of Mom's plants in the area where I removed the hot tub. It's coming along great. I removed the broken tiles and now have to replace them plus cover the new section of steps with tile. Hopefully I will beable to get the same color at Lowes.
Sounds like some things are a challange like the Microwave.
When do you think you will go into town to visit Kristiansand?
I have looked on Google Earth for the island but can't tell which one it might be. Maybe after we visit I will get a lay of the area and be able to find it like I did the intown house. We can always hope. Well I will close for now and talk to you again soon. Maybe over the weekend Mom will be able to get on Skype and talk as well.
Love DAD
Good Morning Megan,
Just love to read about your adventures. You are very good about describing what you and others are doing. About how many houses are on this island? You will probably be busy with company in the house. We are all learning about different life styles and so wish we had the slower pace here in America.
What will be happening over the weekend ~ ~ that is your free time right?
Take care ~ ~
Lois & Mike
Thanks so much for the updates! I love reading about the way of life there. Can I ask a favor...can you list who all the 'players' are in this adventure of yours. The only one that I know for sure is Summer. You might have mentioned it in earlier entries (which I will go back and read), but I thought it might be helpful! You know me --
Jack says HI!!!
- Lisa B
Post a Comment