Saturday, June 14, 2008

The first time I have left the island...

Today was a lazy day becasue I got to sleep in. Although, my night did not start well. Last night, all of a sudden I woke up, looked at the clock, it said 3pm and I jumped out of bed and began to get dressed. I stopped and thought, well it is kind of dark out, and it is very quiet in the house. Are you sure it is 3pm? So I checked again, and sure enough it was only 3am. Silly me, so I put my PJ's back on and got back into bed. I slept until 9:30am. That was nice.
We had a nice breakfast and then all 7 of us took a hike across the island to sit at the boat house. Nora had to place bed linens on the bed. We moved some furniture out, sat and enjoyed the scenery. Then we walked back. We had a nice lunch out on the patio and then I got to talk to my Mom and Dad. I truly love Skype. I got to talk to my parents for about 45 min for FREE! Then we took a boat trip. The top picture is of Summer and I on the boat. Yes I am bundled up! It was mighty cold on that boat trip today! But man was it beautiful!

Here is a near by town, they are mostly summer homes. Where I am right now, it is not that populated. There are more trees and rocks.

This is a fisher man sculptor that is guarding a near by bridge. It is nestled in a crook as you go under the bridge.













I am now just resting up from the figure eights we did in and out of the fjords. We were out on the boat for 2 hours. You know what it feels/sounds like when you have had loud wind blowing in your face and ears? You feel a little beaten about and you can not hear as well for a little. The others are out in the hot tub. I did not really want to get wet and then out into the cold wind to walk back into the house.
Well stay posted, I will let you know if there is anything interesting for dinner!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

The girls and I finally had a chance to sit down and enjoy your pictures and stories=) Brooklynn said, "Wow! Beautiful Mommy." I am glad you are enjoying every moment, even the silly airport madness. Hey, it brought back memories of me being frisked by a Japanese official, swearing I was carrying "spray!" What?? Miss ya. Take Care.
Love,
The Gamble Girls