Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Life in Town
This week I have been traveling by bus, at 9am to the island where I meet Trip in a boat, I drive the boat to the island where I work with Summer till 3:50pm and then I catch a bus home to Kristiansand. Today was a little different. I caught a bus out to the island but this afternoon, they were taking a boat trip in and out of the fjords. It is such a beautiful day that I joined with them. It was a two hour boat ride. We actually took the boat out into the open sea. It was very rough out there, I was surprised out how jarring the waves can be. Then we meandered our way back to the dock. I am not sure how they know where they are or where they are going. All the houses look the same and all the rocks look the same. Trip dropped me off at the dock and I took the jeep home. I have not driven out to the island, nor have I driven home. I have ridden in the car, but you all know how much we pay attention when we are passengers. So iIwent on faith. I knew that when the road split I went right and then when it ended in a T i went left. I just kept telling myself, you know where you are. You have seen that house before. I did just fine and got home in about 45min which is about normal driving time. The only thing that made me really nervous were the bind turns and then passing another car on a road barely big enough for the two to pass. Tomorrow will be a real test becasue I have to get back there around 10am. Hmmm...wish me luck. I am fixing left overs for dinner tonight, my specialty! Tomorrow I leave to stay on the island for 2 days, then on Sat. we (my family and I) leave to go to Stockholm. We will be gone until Mon. evening. Have a wonderful Fourth of July! We will be celebrating Norwegian style. Yes this family has bought a ton of fire works to set off in celebration of the 4th.Ha Det!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment