Saturday, June 14, 2008

And for dinner...

Tonight for dinner, the ladies who are staying for the weekend cooked. We had French bread, a garden salad (literally from the garden), tsevk (a Greek cucumber salad) and then pork ribs, veal, steak, and chorizo sausages. It was amazing! And for desert we had fresh strawberries. We had been drinking on wine all day so we only had 3 bottles with dinner. And then finishing up a desert wine that you drink in a very small glass. It is very strong. We also had danish chocolates with our desert and I tasted marzipan for the first time. I have never seen so much meat meat served all at once, but all the flavors were wonderful together. They are really teaching me how to cook, and how to eat! But that is all, Ha det!
Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

teaching you how to cook!!!! Will you show me when you get home? that'll be fun!

PS. we'll have to buy stock in a wine company if you get used to all teh wine! :) LOVE!

Lisa Alford said...

Megan,
I am so glad you are doing well. It looks so beautiful. I am so proud of you. You had a tough year but you handled everything beautifully. I am very proud and humbled that I was able to share my classroom with you and be able to witness you first year teaching. You will continue to touch so many lives. How do I do the Skype thing so I can visit with you? Take care and know we are praying for you and your safety.
Love,
Lisa Alford