Well now that I have been here in Norway for a while, happenings are becoming very commonplace. On Monday, Nora was coming back into Kristiansand from Chicago. I knew she was coming via Copenhagen, but i did not know what time. She said she would call from the airport before she left to let me know. I was out when she called and went on information from an 11yr and a 17yr old. Wrong-o. I went to the airport at 12 ish and we waited and waited, and she never came. So I got worried called the states and talked to Trip. He said she would be coming in on the 3pm flight. Se Summer and i went home had lunch and then went back to the airport. With all the driving around, i ran out of gas. I stopped at the only gas station that I knew of and got gas. It is much like in the states, only you pay after there is no pay at the pump and then it is calculated in liters. I had now idea how many liters there were in a Jeep, so I stopped pumping when I got to the equivalent of $100. Thinking that is about right for home. When I got in the car to go I only had half a tank. haha. It takes 72 liters to fill up the car which is 1000 NOK or $200. Oh well. it is all a learning experience.
On Monday we moved from the house in town to the island. It was mid-summers night. It is the longest night of the summer in Norway and there is a big bonfire on another island. They usually go, but it was really cold, so we did not venture out. We really packed up the Jeep and a friends car and hauled a ton of stuff to the island. We had 8 people and a million bags. I am surprised the boat did not sink.
So for the past two days we have been hanging out at the island and relaxing and eating and drinking and hot tubbing and such. It has been nice to have Nora home, I did not realize how much responsibility I had taking care of Summer while she was out. But it is interesting that Shana, Dora, and Luwim are much more likely to do things without being asked now that Nora is back. When it was just me, they let me do everything. Now I don't have to do anything. The saying "While the cat is away the mice will play," is so true. Oh Well.
My parents come Tomorrow, they leave today at 3pm. I will pick them up at the airport and then work with Summer. Then Pick up Trip on Friday and work with Summer and then I go to OSLO! I am excited about seeing another part of Norway. I will be without internet, but I will post as soon as I am home again. So unless something funny or interesting happens tomorrow of Friday i will not post again until Monday. Later, HaDet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment