Friday, June 20, 2008

I have been asked to upload more pictures. So here are some of the flat that I live in. Here are the 49 steps. It is a long walk up when you are really tired. But it is also a great workout. If I was Monk, I would flip out that there is an odd number, good thing I am not OCD.
Here is a picture of the tiny kitchen. I do not use anything in it, just the refrigerator. I keep coke and crackers and cream cheese. MMM...eating healthy.
This is a picture of where I teach school in the city. It is not that wonderful of a set up, but it is functional. Today is the last day that I will be working with her today in town. On the 23rd of June I will haul all the supplies back to the island.
This is where I sleep. It is a really comfortable bed, but, there are 14 windows in the flat and it is so noisy. I wake up when the sun shines in the window above the bed. That happens right about 7am. Then i roll over and hide my head. Not much sleeping here in town.

Tonight I am going out again, I will take pictures of the city when I go out. So you all can see what the town looks like. If you are reading comments, my father yesterday said MY email changed, but he miss spoke. Really his email changed. Mine contact is still mkjolley@gmail.com Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan:
Nice photos of the house. Hope you had fun when you went out tonight.
I have had a bad day. My car was broken into and they stole the GPS and satalight radio from the front seat. I called USAA and they will send someone over tomorrow afternoon to replace the driver side window. Yuk. I made out a police report but probably won't ever find the GPS even though I gave them the Serial Number. We shall see. Good thing I changed out cars yesterday and put yours back into the garage at your house. I would have felt really bad if they had broken out your window. But then you didn't have a GPS so maybe it wouldn't have happened. Oh well.
We will get the suit cases down this weekend and start our packing. I hope to keep everything to a minimum weight. Hitting 50lbs will be hard for 17days.
Talk to you soon.
Love DAD