Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh Yeah, it is the weekend!

Ok, first and foremost, do ya'll know how to get my computer to always talk in English? Unless I have been to the website in America, it comes up in Norwegian. I know there is a way to do it, I just can't remember.
I have been asked to recap the "players" in my summer story:
Summer: the girl I am tutoring
Nora: Mama
Trip: Papa
Par: he is Nora's dad, but he went home
Martin: brother, in Chicago, graduating from Northwestern
Shana: babysitter coming from Omaha for nest week
Dora and Luwim: two Phillipino girls who help keep house
I believe that is all the characters.

Also, I got asked, have I been swimming in the ocean?
NO, oh, no. it is way too cold. There is a heated pool and hot tub. The pool is kept at a cool 22 C degrees. And the hot tub is about 29C degrees. Haha, DO THE CONVERSION! It is good for you. Multiply by 2 and then add 32. That is roughly the exact amount.

Ok now describing the scenery... Picture i nicely kept lawn. Mowed and edged, then while facing the house directly to your right there is a large bald rock face that goes up at about a 30degree angle and a 90 degree angle. With a varying degree of slop. Then as you proceed up the hill towards the house, on the left there is the nice lawn and on the right there is wild forest. Then when you get to the peak of the hill, you are above the house. The House is set into a rock/hill side. Protected from the wind. You go over the hill and there is a field. About 100 feet wide and a mile long. On either side is forest and wild, and then rocks and hills intermittent. Kind of like Alaska, Vancouver, New Zealand. I have seen landscape like this before, but I do not know where exactly.

I looked at and ariel (? I don't know how to spell, I mean from the air) view of the island today. The family has a picture down in the basement, and I counted 7 houses on the island. From the picture it looks to be a big island. But then it is a big picture and the island fills the whole picture. Haha.

Ok let me know if you have any other questions, I will gladly answer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im the first to comment! GO ME!
The landscape sounds incredible! I still cant believe you are in Norway! I have no idea about the computers! Maybe your dad will remember?!