Today was the day Summer has been talking about for, FOREVER! She has been talking about Shana and Dora and Luwim coming to Kristiansand since before I got to Norway. So this morning she was so excited that she came into my flat at 8am and quietly got into my bed and woke me up. I was like Summer!, What time is it? She says,"Time to go get Shana." I look at my phone and it was earlier than I wanted it to be.
So I got up and showered. I have a shower head, but it is not a shower. It is a bat tub with a door. I can not stand up. So I bathe and get dressed. She runs up to tell me breakfast is ready, i was in the middle of fixing my hair, but she insisted I come down. So I go down and eat breakfast. Then help her with a bath. She had to smell nice for her friend coming in, we don't like stinky girls. Nora comes in and tells me we have missed the bus to the airport and she will take us, we have to leave in 20 min. So we hurry to get ready and all pile into the car. She runs us out there and droops us off. She had a hair appointment so she had to get back to town.
Summer and I got a coca- cola, and went and sat down to wait. I have never seen someone so excited to see me, as she was to see Shana. The whole waiting area, knew she was coming and when she came out she yelled her name. I want a reception like that. Shana is so loved by Summer.
So then I had to catch a taxi and give my address. I told the driver and as we were approaching town he took a different way, i was not sure he had understood me. But then he arrived on the right street and we were home.
Shana went to bed and Summer and I got to work. It was hard getting her to focus, but we got a good 4 hrs in and then Nora came home. We went to the supermarket. We bought enough food for the week. When we put some food in the freezer down in the basement, I was so surprised to see a WHOLE BIRD, with feathers and all. Eww, it is huge. It has eyes and a beak and all. Blah...Then woke up Shana.
Summer is not going to leave her alone while she is here. We fixed dinner and had a nice pork something with potatoes and salad. Summer and Shana and I waited upstairs in my flat for the next exciting event of the night. For Dora and Luwim to arrive. They came by train from Oslo. Again a loud welcome by Summer. We sat with them while they ate and then helped them unpack. The got out a Karaokee Machine. They had everyone singing. I think I will be getting that for my room mate for Christmas. The girls say they practice each weekend. Haha. We will find a husband by showing off our talent at karaoke. Haha
I have headed upstairs to go to bed. I am going to have then best legs ever, there are 49 steps in the stairwell and I climb them a million times a day. I can never have a multi-level house, I always forget something.
Well goodnight, Ha det!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
if you get your roommate a karoake machine, make sure you get a margarita machine. Cause i will need a few of those before we sing!
Make sure you get the Celine Dion CDs. YOu know thats what she will sing! Love you and miss you!!
A bird in the freezer! What a nice surprise. We used to see them hanging by the neck in the butcher shops in Turkey but they had at least been plucked. Makes you think twice about what we eat huh!! Sounds like you will climb off all that wonderful food you have been eating for the past week.
Love Mom
Girlfriend, if you want a reception like she gave her friend YOU GOT IT! That can be arranged! :)
And yes... I am on board with the karioke gift! what fun we'll have!
Post a Comment