
Yesterday after school time, Summer, Luvim and I went swiming. We started out in the pool, but because it is heated it is not that refreashing. It feels kind of like a bath. So we headed straight to the ocean. It is much ooler there. I still have to take my time getting in, it is a shock to my stomach when the cold water touches it.
So we got in a swam for about an hour. Then summer got it in her head that she wanted to visit Christian. So we all got into her little row boat and we set off through the canal to visit Christian.
Here is a picture of the canal to his house. Just through there is his brygge (dock). In no time we were there and we swam with him in his little bay. Going towards his house is a away to get around his island to go out ot sea towards Denmark. It was much cooler in the water. It was not a warm and my lips turned blue.
Summer started to worry about being gone to long and she wanted to swim back. So I had her put on her life vest. She is a really great swimmer, but it was kind of a long way and I did not want her to get tired. so we swam back through the canal. Dag, Christian's father towed her row boat home for us. We got half way through the canal, which there was a very strong current and we were swimming up stream, then I realized we had left Summer's glasses and my sun glasses on the brygge. So I turned around and swam back to get them. The next time I swam through the canal it was much more difficult and I began to get really tired. By then we had been swimming for over 2 hrs. Once I got back to our beach, I was greeted with a cold drink.
It was lots of fun to swim, but boy are my legs tired. I don't know if I have ever swam that far outside of a pool. I really wish I lived near the ocean and I could go swiming in it everyday.

1 comment:
Sounds like you are getting a good workout. Swimming is good exercise. How cold is the water? It has been so hot here pools are very warm. We have had over 19 days of 100 degree weather this summer.
Take care.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment