
Here is old town. This is where I did most of the shopping and found great deals. It was a really neat walking street and lead from the ater all the way back to our hotel. What a great walk.

Here is a picture of one of the hundred or so signs in the Sign Project Display. Like I said, it was really funny to read all of them. Also, just think, these are actual signs that other tourists have seen while traveling.

Here we are on the bus tour. My dad loves to take pics of all of us so he is included in the pictures. He always goes back on the pics when we get home and says, "I am never in any of the pictures." This is how he makes sure he is in them. Just like Jean, a photo montage. haha

Here is the Beautiful Vasa. This is the stern side of the boat. This is the picture of the Swedish crest. When it was origianlly built it was painted and had gold sections, but after 333 years on the bottom of the harbor, there is no more paint.

Here is a differnt view of the Vasa, it is 95% all original wood from the 17th century. It is really dark wood because of all the protective sealent that they sprayed on the boat. They sprayed the boat every 20 min for 17 yrs. It is heavily protected.

Here my mom and I are reading about how the boat tipped over. I am probably trying to find where it is written in English, I doubt I am really reading. The english translation is never easy to find, they always put it in different areas.
1 comment:
I'm glad you liked the Vasa museum. I have seen a number of TV shows about the raising and restoration. It has been on my list of things to see, so I told your Dad to make sure you went. It must be amazing to see in person! And to keep your Dad in a museum for 4 hours is a record. We have blitzed the best of them in a couple of hours!
Wish we could have been there.
Pat & Bonnie.
Post a Comment