Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gone Fishing!

Lastnight we decided at 8pm that we should go fishing. So Christian took us to his place, we got a bigger boat, loaded up and set off for the deep blue sea. Here Dora and I are modeling in our proper fishing gear!
Here I am driving the boat. It looks as though we are going quite fast, but not really. We are hardly moving, the wind is blowing through my hair. I was just steering us away from the rocks, while Christian put out a line.
After hours of of having two line drag off the back of the boat, Christian put out a fishing pole and caught this cute little fish. We let him go, of course. We then were going to wait for the moon to rise out of the ocean. I thought oh, how cool. Only...


Dora, stuck the fhishing line back out into the water and caught this huge (I don't know if it is actually that big, I have never caught anything when I have fished) red cod. That was really cool. Only i had a strage reaction to keeping the fish.
We put it in a big black bucket, and I could see it struggling with the air. Any of you who know me, I always say i have a hard time eating something that I know has been alive. I hate eating meat with bones in it, it is too real for me. Well, Dora and Luvim were really excited about cooking this fish, and I was like I will NOT eat it, I just saw it die! They were like, no, it will be good!
I siad no, I would not like any. I then started making a case for this fish to live. I was telling them it wasn't big enough to eat. That it was skinny and there would not be any good meat. They began to believe me and were agreeing with me. SO I picked the bucket up and said, "I think we should let it go!" Christian promised to take them Mackrel fishing the next day if we let the little red cod go. And they did. We dumped him back into the sea and watched him swim away.
I was very happy. I think I might have cried had I watched him die, but then again I hate crying. I guess I am not a hunter/fisher, I don't have the heart to kill something. I love all of God's creatures!
If we go fishing tonight, I will probably not eat the fish, even if they say it is so good, but who knows, maybe I will try a little. Time and experience will tell! Later!



No comments: