So many Norwegians keep telling me that this summer has not been like other summers in the past. Normally it is warm and sunny, and they often think it is hot. It is not normal to have to wear a jacket during the summer and it is not usually considered a rainy time.
Well do to my arrival in Norway, haha, it has been uncommonly cold and rainy all the time. Today I was helping Christian in the barn and then he was going to go load up on fire wood. I offered to help. He starts putting on raingear, and I thought, how strange. I mean it was raining, but I did not think that my pants would get that wet while loading firewod. Boy was I wrong. I got soaked. I had on sandals and my feet were freezing. When we went for trip two I put on wellies, I figured that my pants were already wet, who cared.
There were plans for about 14 people (plus 2-3 children per family) to come over for dinner, and I knew that Christian and I wanted to get out of the house becasue we knew that we would be put to work keeping up with children. So we ran an errand to pick up milk and eggs. We took the boat. This time I was not dumb, I put on a rain jacket, rain pants(10 sizes too big), and wellies. I looked like a big, poofy, blob. Christian said he would take a picture of me so everyone at home could see what life was really like in Norway, but i look completly rediculus, so there is no picture.
After the errand, we loaded up in his fathers boat and he took up into Blixin, where the cars stay. And Christian and I went to dinner and a movie. I was nice not having to take care of children and actually hanging out with someone one my own age. We stayed at the house in Kristiansand, we have some more errands to run before we head back to the island.
So far the weather looks promising, but it changes quickly here. For those of you who have read this whole thing and are wondering who the heck Christian is...here is how I met him.
He lives on the island across the bay from the island I stay on. He has known the family for about 8years and has also lived with them in Omaha. He is 31yrs old and is a Photographer. He photographs real estate listings. He lives in Oslo, NO. I met him on Monday and everynight since we have stayed up talking. He likes to talk. We have very parrell lives, we have done a ton of the same stuff. I know what you are thinking...I am going to fall in love and marry him and stay in Norway. Well the running joke on the island is that he is my husband. Summer askes all the time, "where is your husband?" Dora and Luvim taught her that. He thinks it is funny, he will refer to me as his wife when talking to Summer. I am not sure if there is any love intrest yet...I ONLY MET HIM MONDAY!!!! Hope that feeds all of your juciy, love gossip. I love hearing from you all. I come hom in less than 4 weeks. Talk to you soon! LOVE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Megan-it sounds like you are having a fun summer. Can't wait to here more about this "possible love interest!" J/K
Ive just been reading all your adventures. Sounds like so much fun. Maybe this will end in real fun (Love) love April
Post a Comment