Lastnight, Christian and i made dinner for his parents. Christian had picked mussels and I helped clean then and then steam them. It was a joint effort. Cleaning mussels is hard work, I really hate that part. Christians mother, Camilla was giving us a hard time about being husband and wife cooking dinner. I swear we are never going to live this joke down.
Dinner was great, we had mussels, with noodles and then ice cream with hot chocolate sauce. It was a very good dinner. I was over there until after midnight. I am not sure if I am going to be able to get back on the schedule I was on before I left. At home we eat dinner around 6-7pm, here is always after 9pm. At home I go to bed around9-10pm and here we don't go to be until after midnight.
When Christian took me back to my island, I steped out of the boat house to go to the bathroom. Oh, PS I have moved down to the boathouse by the water infront of the house. The bathroom is located on the outside of the house, you walk out and around a corner and step into another room....so when I steped out I heard this snorting and russtling in the bushes. I stood frozen looking to see if I could see anything. Christian came out to see why I was not moving. Then he heard it. I thought it sounded like a pig, but pigs don't live on this island. We stood and watched awhile and soon we saw a black and white badger climb down the side of the roocks. He was probably 25ft away from us. I am not sure he saw us, but he was sniffing the air, he could smell the cherries in the tree near the boat house. I proceded to the bathroom, and Christian went to investigate the animal.
I swear he is like Dr. Doolittle, he can not leave things alone. He got with in 5 ft of the badger while it was eating cherries. Then the badger caught sight of Christian and took of running. He headed towards the garden, so i am sure he found more to eat.
During the night, I heard the badger come back and climb the tree again. He really does snort like a pigs. He is kind of cute, but from what I hear badgers are really mean. It was neat to see an animal I have never seen before. This place is like a zoo...rabbits, owls, deer, minks, badgers, crabs, mussels, and the biggest seagulls ever!
This morning, I went to take a shower...the shower is outside. It is mostly hidden from view, you would have to be standing in just the right spots to catch someone bathing. But still, i am not that much of an Exhibitionist...I was very nervous about taking a shower outside. But I did it. In Norway, it is very common to see nude women sun bathing and changing in public. I get embarrased for them, but then they seem ok with it. It was kind of chilly this morning, it was a mute point to try to shave my legs. Oh well, I had a robe to put on to walk from the shower, back inside. I am going to be staying in the boat house for the rest of my stay, as the house will be occupied with guests. I guess i will get used to bathing outside.
I have gotten sun poisining, it is on my legs. It is not too bad, I will do my best to stay out of the sun for the next couple of days. I don't want the rash to get any worse. It is just so nice to sit outside in the breeze. It is begining to get hot inside the houses. It is in the mid to high 80's here. I have begun to agree with the locals, it is kind of too warm. I know it is nothing like in Texas right now, but it is all realitive. Haha
Talk to you all soon! Love and hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Megan,
Badger are a nasty mean animal. When I was Northwood, Iowa I had a survey crew chased off of the job by a badger. These were four twenty something year old young men. Most who grew up as Northern Iowa farm boys. Even though they had axes, machetes, and poles with sharp points they let the Badger chase them off. When they charge you they are all teeth and massive front claws. The North American Badger mainly subsists on Ground Squirrels and Prarie Dogs that they dig out of their burrows. Don't get too friendly with that Badger he or she can be bad news.
Paul Ohland
A side bar on the badger. The German word for badger is Dachs. The name of the dog used to hunt badgers is a Dachshund.
Paul Ohland
Post a Comment