Monday, July 28, 2008

What a weekend!

This weekend was great. It was so realaxing. Saturday I got up with the intention of working with Summer. But then Nora said, if you are up on hours then don't worry about it. I was like cool, so I went back to bed! Got up around 11:30am and Trip had arrived from the US. He rested a bit and then we all went on a boat trip. It was so warm and not too windy out on the boat. It was nice just to bask in the sun!
We got back and I headed straight for the pool with Summer. But soon, Christian came over and he said we needed to go swiming in the sea, so we did. We had a wonderful dinner and then a Dance Party featuring ABBA. Summer loves Mama Mia. Dance parties wear me out. She is like the energizer bunny. She only likes to dance with Dora and Luvim, Summer tells me and Nora to sit down all the time. But we still jump up and get in on the action.
Christian has been the photographer of the whole event. I have been takeing viedo of the whole thing. The ones that crack me up are when Dora and Luvim are wearing wigs (an afro and a bleached blonde bob) and Christian has watter balloon breasts with a blonde wig on. They are really funny viedos. Christian says he does not want to come to Texas if I am going to show everyone his funny videos. We danced on into the night until 2am.
Needless to say on Sunday we all slept in until 11am. I was really lazy. Christian came over to use the computer and then we went swimming in the ocean. We swam all after noon. Summer learned how to climb up on some rocks and jump in the deep part of the canal. She really has no fear. They jumped in about 100 times, ok I might be exagerating a little. We swam until 4:30 and then layed out in the sun for the next hour. It was so warm and nice to just lay around. I have gotten pretty tan, but not as tan as I would like. The sun is so intense here I am afraid to go out with out at least 30 SPF on.
We has a quite dinner while Nora and Trip entertained. Dora and Luvim cooked left overs. Lamb, pork and shrimp. Then Luvim cooked Flan. It was so good. But I think that the shrimp may have been bad. Cause with in an hour I got really sick. I am not sure if it was the shrimp or the smell of the Cuban Cigars that Trip was smoking, but I lost all of dinner. I hate getting sick, especially so far away from my bed at home. I felt like poo and ended up going to bed early, 11pm.
I feel much better today, but my stomach is still kind of queasy. But so far, I am ok. I hope it stays that way, I will just take it easy and eat lite food, nothing heavy. Well hope all is well in hot, hot Texas. Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Pat Jolley said...

Hi Megan -
Sounds like you have gotten in a fair share of sun time. Bet you never thought you'd get a tan in Norway of all places.

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. It must be going around. We went out Sat. night with Janell and Bill and I have felt bad ever since. I stayed home today to give it a little more time to go away - whatever it is.

It is so hot here. I have stayed inside working on things for your classroom. I have the boxes painted and am working on flags for your windows. Hope to get those two things finished this week.

Take care and tell everyone Hi for us and give Summer a big hug.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You might not believe me, but I had a Mamma Mia dance party last night too! Sadly it was just me, but i put the CD on and sang and danced while i was cleaning up and fiddling around the house. it was fun, but will be more fun when you're in on it!

5 more days and we're on our way to see you! I'm very excited to meet everyone and spend time with you. Its been so long! ahh! :) The countdown continues, get pumped up! :)