Friday, July 25, 2008

Owl Hunting

Lastnight, after Summer did her rendition of Mama Mia, Christian and I went outside to put Thumper (the rabbit) in his cage. And Christian stopped to listen to the squeaking in the tree. We have been debating about what kind of animal was making the noise. He noticed that it was coming from several differnt places, on the ground and in the trees and then moving away very quickly but also very silently.
He asked me to go get a flashlight so he could investigate. He then took off into the woods in search of the noise. It was very dejavu, I swear i have dreamt it before. I stood on a rock, waiting for him to come back. It was about midnight so it was kind of spooky.
He came back with the news that he had spotted a brown owl. (I have been telling him for 2 weeks that it was an owl making the noises) He was able to see the owl with the flaslight. They stared at each other in curosity. He then came walking back up the hill and told me to go get shoes. So Here I was in a bathing suit, a short dress cover-up and I put on wellies. Man Let me tell you I was a fashion statement.
We headed off up the hill and went to the field behind the main house. We found two owls. We actually got to see the Mother Owl feed a mouse to the baby owl. We watched them for several minutes and then headed back home.
When we got into the light, Christian was covered in Ticks. He had them all his legs. I did not have a single one on my legs. I guess the boots really helped keep them off of me.
We then got into the hot tub to warm up. Although the days have been warm, the nights are still chilly. It was nice to sit in the hot tub under the stars. You can see so many out here in the wilderness.
Talk to ya'll later. Ha Det!

No comments: