So last night we went out to Bolgen & Moi- This is a great little reastaurant down in the Fiske Brigge. (it is the red house on the far left of the picture) It was such a wonderful evening, we sat outside. It was very warm. much warmer than it has been since I have been here. We had to wait for a seat, but then a great table became available, right by the water's edge. I sat watching the entrance of the channel as the boats came and went. This areas is defiantly a place people come to see people and to be seen. When we walked in Nora saw several people she knew, different groups, and she went around like a little butterfly, talking to each group.
We ordered a nice dinner, I had Entracote (steak), Summer had Braflab (monkfish) and Nora had Luks (salmon). It was all very good. All throughout dinner, people would come and visit our table and come and talk with Nora a bit and then return to sit with their party.
At one point, a man came over and pointed out the reserved tabel at the back of the patio and then pointed out all of the plain clothes police that had arrived in the area. Some of the police arrive on foot and others arrived not so descreetly on a Politi Boat, with flashing lights. Then man who pointed this all out siad that a celebrity must be arriving. And in a few short moments, some averagely dressed men on a boat pulled up and the police began spreading out, I guess securing the place. These average men of middle eastern decent entered the restaurant with a big production!
We are not really sure what all the fuss was about, Nora speculated that they were men who were invested in Norwegian Oil. THey were most likely from a country the wolrd is not too friendsly with right now. Once they sat down and the police settled into their posticion, all the hype was over and it was very anticlamatic. Although, I did notice that the boat engine was never turned off, i guess this was in case they needed to get away quickly. i mean really, what threat is there in a sleepy little town in southern Norway?!?
Well Summer was very tired and Nora wanted to stay out with her friends, so I took Nora's keys and went home with Summer. Me taking Nora's keys meant that i had to stay up until she got hom.
Well I put Summer in the bath and got her ready for bed, but she was determined to stay up tuntil her mama got home. So I went to the basement and did a quick 3 mile run. After I ran, I convenced her it was time to lay down. I have a feeling she was really tired, it was almost 11pm. So then I went upstairs and took a bath and got ready for bed.
I waited, and waited, and waited for Nora to come home. I played on the computer for what seemed like forever. And finally at 1:40am she came home! I quckly said goodnight and went up to bed. ONLY...the sweet seaglls were up on the roof and were squawking. UGH..I could NOT fall asleep. I finally got to sleep around 3 am, just when the sun was coming back up again. I was very frustrated.
This morning, I turned off my 8am alarm and skipped my morning run. I slept till 9am when Summer came in to wake me up. I finally got out of bed and got dressed. Today will be a LONG day, that is for sure! Oh, well I can always take a nap!

3 comments:
Morning Megan: I just read your account about diner at the seaside restaurant. Sounded interesting. I remember visiting that area the summer we came over and visited and how many people were in such a small area. Hope you do get a nap today. Sounds like you will be tired all summer with all the activity.
Talk to you soon. Love DAD
I was able to make a DVD of your Norway trip 2009. I made a copy for you and Bill and will have it for you when you return in August.
MOM and I are talking about coming to Washington DC in August to Bill's Graduation from the Marine OCS. We will let you know the plans as soon as they are finalized.
Love DAD
Post a Comment