Saturday, June 26, 2010

For those of you craving pictures! Enjoy!

Here is the island home..not much has changed! For those of you new to the bolg, this house was built in the 18th century as a farm house. The family took it over in 1997 and have made marvelous renovations to the house. You woul not belive the house, it is a dream!
This is where I sat and read today. i am currently reading Candles on Bay Street by K.C. McKinnon. It is a great book- it will be a one day read! This will be my 3rd book for the summer. I have read a diary from an 11 yr old who survived the Sarajevo War. The book is called Zlata's Diary, by Zlata Filpovic. It is an interesting read. I had to research what that war was about to understand some of it, I was only 11 when it ended. The other one is a book that the 4th graders read at my school called, A Paradise Called Texas by Janice Shefelman. It was good, I am excited to read it with my kids next year!
The last picture is of Summer and me! We are at a concert in Kristiansand. Local restaurants open up and set up long tables and have a bar srvice set up as people listen to the local radio station have a cover band play pop songs! We heard a man sing Katy Perry's Hot n'Cold. It was just wrong! I mean really!
Well today was a lazy day, I wrote a letter to Bill and read in bed till 11:30am. Then I got up and read in sun until lunch at 1 ish. Then read down by the dock in the hammock and then in the hot tub until 7:30pm. I have been worthless. Nora's Friends are here at the island bakeing bread. I will let you know how it all turns out! Ha Det!


3 comments:

DAD said...

Hello: Nice talking with you today. Mom and I enjoy hear from you. I have been redoing the front flower beds plus the planter by the front door.
Great picture on your blog.
We will talk to you again soon.

DAD

Unknown said...

Wow -- Summer sure has grown. Very beautiful. Thank you for the pictures. Looks like the perfect dream home...with lots of allergy medicine! Glad to hear that you are relaxing...it's good for you! Hey -- what email address can you get emails at?

- Lisa

MM said...

I check both school and my gmail. Here they are for easy access:
megan.jolley@kellerisd.net
mkjolley@gmail.com