Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Bread! Sorry I Forget the pics load backwards! Start at the bottom and read up!

START AT THE BOTTOM! I forgot that the blogger loads the pictures backwards from the way they are uploaded. I am not sure why, but it does. So scroll down and read up...it is how I wrote it! :) And here is our portion of bread for the summer. I am pretty sure we will blow through that with no problem!
This is what it looks like when it is all done! A little differnt than what we are used too. I am not a fan of the crust. It is really crusty and hard, but the insides are sooooo good!

Again, pulling out more bread. The oven is very deep, about 10ft deep. They heat the oven to 1400 degrees Celcius, come on guess what that would be in Ferinheit....any guesses? 2552F! Then they rake out the coals and put in the bread.


START HERE! So today, Saturday, Nora had her friends over to bake bread. They do this each summer. They make about 20 loaves and then freeze it for the summer and that is the bread we eat. Here is a picture of one of the ladies pulling out the bread from the brick oven in the basement.



2 comments:

sarah said...

Megan, I am loving all of your pictures. I enjoy reading your blog each summer. My husband would love to cook bread like that! He has this new obsession with artisan bread making :)

sarahjox said...

Happy Birthday Megan! You haven't posted anything today so I could only post on this entry! Hope you're enjoying your special day!

Sarah :)