Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bo-Ya It's My Birthday! The real one!

I am a lucky person to get to celebrate my birthday so many times. I have celebrated with my boyfriend in may, with the students in my class in June, with my team mates in June, with my family one day in June when I was missing my cat, and with my friends the day before I left for Norway!
Now, I would be lying if I said there were not tears shed when I thought about spending my birthday alone in Norway this summer. My first summer my Parents came for the occasion, and last summer, Bill came to visit.
Sadly to say I will not have any visitors this summer for my birthday! But it has been a wonderful birthday season! Over 1 month long! I was so surprised when I got to talk to Bill, for the 1st time on Sunday. It made missing him on my birthday bearable! Then on the 28th, I recieved 6 letters. Then on the 29th I received 3 more! What a wonderful surprise.
Then for the 1st time ever, i recieved gifts from Nora and Summer. They have always in the past thrown a nice dinner, but never a gift. Here are some pictures!

This is a hand made box. It is very common to have a jar or box od sea salt on the dinner table. Nora thought it would be nice to bring home that tradition. The box even has it's own spoon!

Then here is a picture of all the loot! You can not see it very well, but there is a hand carved basket to serve bread in, with a hand weaved towel. It is how Nora serves bread! Then there is the box sitting up front. And then in the basket there is a Book about Kristiansand. The house I live in is even there!
Then present up front is all the mail I have received!
It has been a glorious day! I have talked to my mom and dad, both wishing me a happy birthday!
People are arriving for the party in my honor! So Here I go, partying for my 30 hr birthday! The party has just begun!
I will post after dinner to let you know about all the festivities!
Ha Det!


No comments: