Yesterday I lost the whole post I wrote, so I am going to try re-write it.
So…I was rudely awakened by the freight ship blasting their horns at 7am. I am not sure what they were doing, it was not foggy.
I finally got myself out of bed around 8ish. I got dressed and was going to go on a run as well as run some errands. I started up the main street and headed to the bank first. I got money out of the mini-bank (ATM) and then headed to the post office. As I ran past the post office they were literally posting their Summer hours, they would not open until 9am. So I continued on down the street and rounded the block and headed for home. When I got home I ran an additional mile on the treadmill. I was not sure how far I had gone earlier that morning, and thought I should run a little more for good measure. When I was all done, I was amazed that is it was not even 9am. I ran a quick 8.5 min mile on the treadmill and I know I was only gone from the house less than 15 mins. That was a very quick run.
I have only recently started running and run a very steady 10min mile. I have recently been told I have allergy induced asthma; this makes it very hard for me to breathe when I run. But here in Norway, there are no problems. It was a great run. Because it was still before 9am, I thought I would do my cool down and walk back to the post office.
I mailed my 1st letter from Norway to Bill, I know my mom mailed on from Texas also. We will see which one gets there 1st. I am sure Texas to Virginia will be quicker than Norway to Virginia. I hope he appreciates the letters from Norway, it cost $2 to send a silly letter. I spent over $20 for 10 stamps, I believe the cost has gone up from last year.
Once I got back home I got dressed and we started our school day. We worked for 2 ½ hrs, ate lunch, worked 2 ½ more hrs and then I took a 2 ½ hr nap! What a great first day back at work!
After my nap, I started my new work out routine. I purchased P90X and brought it with me. I figured since Bill is on the Marine work out program, I could work to get into better shape as well. It will also give me something to do once school is over for the day! We will see how dedicated I become, or how easily I forget to work out!
After my work out I went down to find Summer and Nora. They were down stairs relaxing. Nora told me that she had gone to the grocery store, but she was too tired to cook. So we went out for dinner again! Last night we had a wonderful dinner that cost $230 for 3 people. Tonight we had a more casual dinner that only cost $110 for 3 people. I am amazed at how expensive everything is here!
We have big plans for this weekend, we will be heading to the island on Friday afternoon! It is Summer’s Birthday, she will be turning 13! She is becoming a teenager, oh the trials and tribulations on that age group, she has the attitude that goes with her age! Talk to you all later!
I love to hear the comments after you have read my blog, it makes me happy! SO leave some of your thoughts! Tak (Thanks!)! Ha Det!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It doesn't sound like prices have gone down any. Hearing about the cost of food makes me want to find more bargins here.
I'm impressed that you have started your workout. Keep up the good work. Put an x on your calendar for everyday you workout and see how consistant you are.
As I stumbled out to the kitched at 6:30 a.m. this morning Degas threw himself down on the floor in front of me and laid on his back. I had heard you talk about him doing that but that was the first time I had witnessed it. I almost tripped over him getting to the refrigerator. He wanted his milk and would not leave me alone until he got it -- then he only drank about two drops and strolled off. Go figure!! Have a great day. Mom
Hi! Megan. I have the Whirlyball photos and will try and post some of them on your blog. I am not sure how to attach photos but will see if I can do it. It's hot today and I have spent the afternoon in the pool. Hope your weather warms up for the summer. DAD
Post a Comment