Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's the weekend1

Ok, just letting you all know that I am on the island, until and undertermined date. AND there is no internet unless I want to sit in the basement in a closet with the computer plugged in directly to a router.
We are celebrating Summer's 13th birthday! We have a full house of people, there are about 20 people here or so. Lots of kids for her to play with and lots of adults who speak norwegian. I get so board when they talk in norwegian, I tend to think inside my head and make up conversations.
The past 2 summers, I have picked up some, so I can understand a little, and they do speak to me in Norwegian and I answer in English. I just get board!
Today I watched the Crown Princess of Sweeden Marry a commoner, so girls...there is hope, you could marry a real life prince one day! She had a beautiful wedding. I was very surprised, her dress was very simple, no beading or glitx or anything, just off the shoulder with an A-line ball room skirt and like an11 ft train. The man she married looks like Clark Kent, he even wears the silly glasses.
Tonight we are having a wonderful dinner with a 13lb steak and a ton of potatos. We also have crab caught fresh from the sea! Well off to set the table! Later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it the Crown Prince or Princess that was married to one of us common folk?

DAD said...

Hi! Having a Happy Father's Day. I was able to get the Binoculars Exchanged at SteinMart and all works well now. Thanks Honey. Sounds like there was a very large party. We took Winston to the Dog Park this morning before it got too hot. Mom got me some new water float rounds so I won't have to use my big inter-tube all the time. I am getting ready to go out to the Pool now. It's going to be a hot one today. We went by your apartment for the mail today and you had a letter from Bill. I will forward it to you by snail mail. You should get it soon. I talked to Mike and Lori yesterday and they have made their flight reservations and we all will be coming back on the same plane from Baltimore.
Talk to you soon.DAD