I had previously meet Karen and Orvin at Summer's birthday party this year. They are friends of Nora's who live in Kristansand. Karen is American but has lived in Norway for over 20 yrs. But it is nice to talk to somone who understands everyword coming out of your mouth. She is also very conscious about forcing other Norwegians to speak in English for my benifit. That is very thoughtful of her.
When we arrived we hopped in their boat and headed to town. It was fun going to town via boat. Here is a picture of the lovely little town.
In town we shopped a bit, had a lovely homemade doughnut- made in a pan not fried. And then we had a drink by the guest harbor. It was a lovely walk around town.
My only complaint was that there were all these flying ants out. It was a swarm in the city. Karen said they come out once a year to mate and find a new home. I guess we just happened to visit the one day they came out. They were everywhere, Summer had one crawling in and out of her mouth, they were in my hair. It was really gross!
Here is a boat view of their summer home. It is really cute. They have done a lot of work to update it. It even has flushing toilets. (Most summer homes have outhouses!) It was built in the 50s. I really enjoyed staying here. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. On the last night, Roy came by with his sail boat and Linda and her son Emil came up for dinner. Roy had been sailing home alone from Germany. So we all had a lovely dinner and then Roy offered to pick my up in the morning and take me back to the island via sailboat! I was so excited, I have never been on a sailboat!

No comments:
Post a Comment