Nora keeps saying, "I think we can say that was a successful party!" I worked really hard at that party! Fun, but lots of hard work! Nora and I were up till almost 3am picking up trash, putting away food and doing dishes! I am thankful the party is over!
Friday, July 30, 2010
7th Annual Pinata Party!
Well on Wednesday we had our annual Pinat Party. This was the 7th one that has been thrown on the island. I have attened 3 of them. I think this was on of the biggest ever! There were 22 children and 22 adults! Here is a picture of most of the kids. There were so patiently waiting for their parents to come up stairs so we could begin the talent portion of the party!
Here is another picture with all the people! There was only standing room left at this point! You can see the Blue Heart Pinata hanging above the audience!
During the talent portion, we had some dancers, some singers, some card tricksters, and a pair of brothers who could read each others minds! It was a really good show. Then I put on some music and they just started having a dance party! It was really lots of fun!
Then the most anticiapated portion of the afternoon- beating the pinata! Here I am helping Ben find the pinata and then take a good whack at it! The kids tried so hard at beating it up, but I had created a rock solid pinata.
Finally one of the dad's volunteered to be blind folded and when he hit is ha smashed it pretty good and then finally the kids broke it apart and got the candy inside!
Here is my broken heart! haha! It was lots of fun, but the party went on and on! Christian, Nora, Summer and I started preparing for the party around 11am and the last guests finally left after 2am in the morning! I am still exhausted! It is hard to keep that many kids entertained for that long. We had a talent show, we beat the pinata, we swam, we had appitizers and a huge meal! Then we had a water balloon fight, a ranger ride, a haunted ranger ride (Christian dressed up as a warewolf and jumped out to scare the kids, it was priceless!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment