Friday, July 23, 2010

Monster Vegatablea

On the island we grow our own produce. We have almost every vegatable you can think of, potatoes, lettuce, beets, tomatos, cucumbers, peppers, herbs, rasberries, red currants, I could keep going, but the list is really long.
Well sometimes, due to long amount of sunlight the vegatables are exposed to, they grow quite big. Here is a picture of a rootabega, or colorabi in Norwegian. I have never had this root vegatable. But you can cut it up and eat it like watermelon. It is so good! I really enjoyed eating it. I placed it next too a medium sized bucket full of red potates. I am NOT zoomed in. The rootabega is really that large. It weight 5 kilo. That is more than 10 lbs! We also grow giant cucumbers the size of my bicep and squash the size of a large cat. I really think it is due to the long exposure to the sun!

No comments: