Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It has been a WHOLE week!

It has been a whole week since we went on our Telemark trip. I can not believe that it has been that long and we are going into another week. I have totally lost track of days and a connection to the outside world.
Here is what I have been doing...
On Monday of last week, I went to town, ran some errands, ran 5 miles, picked up mail from Bill and then returned to the island.
Tuesday...not much going on... we had dinner at Camilla and Dag's house, they are Christian's parents and live on a neighboring island.
Wednesday, Nora left Summer and I on the island to fend for ourself while she went to Kristiansand to take care of her son Martin. Summer, Christian, and I had dinner here, it was a nice steak dinner. Summer did not go to bed until 1:30am because she was worried she was going to miss the fun while Christian and I were still awake. I finally had to kick him out so she would go to sleep.
Thursday...same ol' teaching Summer for 5 hrs. She a a sleep over with some friends.
Friday, Martin and 4 other guys came out to the island to visit. I all of a sudden went from being a guest to being a servant. From the time they arrived till the time they left, I was told what to do, how to do it and all to serve these 5 boys who were younger than I am. This is the part of my stay here in Norway, that I do not like! I absolutely hate it! It happens every summer. But it only lasted one day, on Saturday, I stayed in bed until the guys left on purpose! That way I could not have been given a task!
Saturday I was really lazy and laid out by the pool most of the day! It was so warm, I loved it! I did not get too much sun, no sunburn. I am a little scared of the intensity of the sun here, so I put on a lot of sun screen. Then later that night we went to the other side of our island to Elene and Gar's house. They live on the same island as we do, but just on the other side on a cliff. They have an absolute beautiful view of he main channel. There were boats constantly going through that area. Summer was spending the night with Elene's 3 girls. So we stayed until the girls went to bed. And then Gar drove us home in his old wooden boat at 1:00am.
I WISH I HAD HAD MY CAMERA! My words will not even begin to describe how beautiful it was. Like I said Saturday was a pretty day, the wind had completly died down, there was NO wind, the water was SO still, there were NO waves and then in this old wooden boat, we hardly made any wake. It was like we were on a mirror. The reflections were perfect! So still, and then there is a type of algee that is in the ocean this time of year, that makes the water appear to be illuminated from below. It was absoulutely goregous! I will go out again on a still night to get some photographs, even if I have to drive the boat my self!
On Sunday I slept in and then got up to work out. And then my lazy day of doing nothing turned into me babysitting all day. I had 2 of Elene's girls, one of her children had to go to the hospital for an ear ache and fever and then I had Summer. Nora had a home owners meeting. It was fairly easy, nothing too hard. But I did not get paid for it!
Now we are back to Monday! Yesterday was Camilla's birthday, so Dag, Christain and Camilla all came over to celebrate! We had a lovely dinner, a huge steak done on the grill with potatoes I picked from the garden! The best part was the fruit that Nora put on the grill, we had grilled mango, peaches and pineapple! SO good! They went home at 1:00am
I guess 1 in the morning is when Norwegians deem the party over. I feel like we have been going NON STOP for a while, partying until late at night.
Today is Tuesday, I realized that the library books we had were due on Wednesday, so we went into town. We all went, ran some errands- library, post office, cell phone place, and then a pharmacy. I need anti-itch eye drops...I have to have a priscription for that! Then we went to Bolgen and Moi for dinner and now we are back on the island.
Tomorrow, Wednesday, I have to babysit Summer. Nora is going to a dinner party on another island. Then on Thursday, we are going to Arendal to stay with some friends. They have invited all 3 of us to come and stay. I have never been to Arendal, it should be interesting, it is only 1 hr North East up the coast.
We will come home late on Friday. And then it is the weekend again! Time is really going by very fast. I have exactly 30 days till I SEE Bill! I have been able to talk to him each Sunday for the past 3 weeks. That has really helped. It is funny, we both count down the days until we can talk to each other. On July 28th I will be hosting my 3rd annual Pinata Party here on the island. And then on July 30th, Trip will be coming to the island.
There is a bit of family tension as they are going through a divorce. While he is here, I will move into town to stay in the city with Nora. She has told me, she does not want me staying here with him! INTERESTING! So that has been my life recently and you know about somethings coming in the future. My only other plans for the summer is to take the ferry from Kristiansand across to Denmark- to see what is on the other side! And I am sure just like in the song,
The bear went over the mountain,
The bear went over the mountain,
The bear went over the mountain,
To see what he could see
To see what he could see,
To see what he could see
The other side of the mountain,
The other side of the mountain,
The other side of the mountain,
Was all that he could see
Was all that he could see,
Was all that he could see,
The other side of the mountain,
Was all that he could see!
I am sure, I will see the other side of the sea! But it will be an adventure and I ccan say, I have gone by boat to Denmark! Who knows, it might be the trip of a lifetime!
Well...Hope you are all doing well! Ha Det!

1 comment:

DAD said...

Megan: Great recap of your week. I am glad your getting out and about with the family. Going to Denmark by ship will be interesting. Are Nora and Summer going as well?
Talk to you this weekend on Skype. Love DAD