The next morning was The 4th of July. Norway and Norwegians really don't care! But we had a lovely day anyway!
First we went to a near by colebolt mine. Norway and Denmmark are very famous for blue glass and blue and white china. It was a beautiful place, but very crowded and we did not explore the mines. It was a 3 hr tour down and back. Instead we stoped at a museum and looked at 19th, 20th and 21st century modern artisits from Norway. It was a beautiful set up, I throughly enjoyed the exhibit, but I can not tell you any of the artists names.
Next we went to a local glass blowing exhibit. This guy, again I do not have his name, is very famous in Norway for his glasswork. We watched a lady blow some glass and then I made a purchase. I bought 2 handblown glasses for Bill and I. I will show everyone what they look like as soon as I get an engagement ring! The glasses will be used in our wedding, so until then, they are a surprise!
After that we went to a shopping heaven. It was fairly far away, I felt like we were driving forever! I had no idea really where we were! I was able to do some souviener shopping! It was great fun!
After that, we returned home to Nora's brothers house, had a quick dinner and then headed back to the island. It was almost a 41/2 hr drive home. We finally landed the boat on the island around 11:30pm. I was dead tired, and ready for a little R&R from my vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment