This is the 3rd time I am typing this up, so I hope everyone appreciates my effort. For whatever reason, I have written wonderful explanations and then when i his publish, it tells me sorry and then doesn't save my work! Ugh, total frustration!
You know me...can't seem to learn from my mistakes, the pictures are loaded backwards again, so start at the bottom and read up!
THE END!

Now to my favorite part. Thanks mom for warping my sense of fun, making me hunt through graveyards to track down old ancestors. I thought this graveyard was really neat. These crosses date from the 1800s. I thought it was cool to see these old marking last and for them to still be standing.

Here is the inside alter area. It is very well preserved. It seemd as though it might have been recently painted or preserved. I thought it was beautiful inside. The church is still used, recently they had a wedding there on June 26th. (I found a program!)

These gravemarkers were just inside the door way. I found them interesting. The engravings are missing, but I believe them to be very old. They look almost celtic to me.

So Saturday morning we had a leisurley breakfast and then went to the church, that we had the keys too. It was an old stone church from the 13th century. It was crazy touring something so old, and we were the only ones around! Interesting Fact: The Bell Tower was used to hide firearms and bombs during WWII.

Here is the carriage house, the main part of the B&B. It is a private home. But can be used for functions. Recently the mayor used for a big dinner. We had a tour given to us by the owner. He was very nice to show us his beautiful home. After the tour, he handed tove keys to a church he owns. We were going to go visit it in the morning. Who has keys to a church, I mean who really owns a church?

Here is Bently, he was Lillie Ulefoss's mascot. He was so cute and a lot of fun to play with. He followed me all around the whole time we were there! He followed me in to Summer's room, she did not like this, she was afraid of the dog!

Here is the posh B&B we stayed at Friday night. It was called Lillie Ulefoss. This is the "servants quarters" off of the carriage house. It was really nice, very modernized! My room had a single bed and a tiny bathroom. You litterally sat on the toliet in the shower. When you wanted to take a shower, you unfolded these glass walls and created the showering area. It was very tiny, but very effecient. You can see Summer walking to her room, she had the 2nd door, I had the first.

The restaurant we ate at was at the top of this set of locks, just off to the left. This is series 2 of 8 locks on the the Telemark Canal. In this series there are 6 individual locks. When a boat travels through these, they raise 30 moh(meters above sea). If I can say so myself, I think i took a pretty good picture.

Just a picture of me...to let you all know I'm alive and healthy! One year ago, Bill and I took a similar picture under a tree in Amsterdam. I think trees make a pretty good background!

So Friday night we went back to Ulefoss where the car was parked and then we checked into our bed and breakfast and then went to dinner at this restaurant. It is situated right next to Vrangefoss- meaning defiant waterfall.
It was a great restaurant, we were the only ones there! We had our own private dinner. I had the lamb, OMG was it good. I really need to branch out in my meat when I am at home. Here I eat all sorts of stuff, but at home, it is chicken, pork and beef!
1 comment:
Megan: Your photos of the locks are great. I can't wait to see all of your photos.
DAD
Post a Comment