Yesterday it was a miserably rainy day, so what did we do...Christian and I went hunting for wild Mushrooms.We went out to his island. I have not walked around his island much, only on his property. But this time we went out into the forest. It is much like forests in parks in the US. Only there are no real paths, you just have to step over and on things. In this forest the floor was covered with rocks and ferns.
So we are just a few feet in the thick of the forest and the ground is dotted with these bright orange mushrooms. They were beautiful. Christian showed me how to pick them, then I picked a few and then I picked one with a spider web on it. I was done picking but was more then glad to carry the bag.
We were picking Chanterelle Mushrooms. Supposedly they are a delicacy and cost a fortune in stores.
It was alot of fun tramping around the forest. I did not like being in full rain gear, but I stayed mostly dry. It is so quiet and beautiful in the forest.

Today, Christain annd I took a hand full of mushrooms into town with us today. He cleaned them while I packed. He also sauted them. They were really good. We had them on toast. I was surprised that something that looked as beautiful as these mushrooms did could tast so good.
The only thing I know about mushrooms is that my mom told me to never eat the ones growing in the yard.

No comments:
Post a Comment