For a while now Christian has been showing me pics and telling me stories about how the islands were used 100 yrs ago. There is one picture where there are so many boats in between the islands that you could island hop, just by walking acroos all the boats.
He has wanted to take me out and show me all the old docking places and some of the bays where you can see evidence of old life. so we decided to go out yesterday.
Yesterday started out really rainy, then it got sunny, windy and really warm...and then we went out on the boat. We could see dark coulds off in the distance, but he said we would only be out for a little and should make it home in time...best laid plans...
We were looking at some of the old docking places and some old paintings on the rocks. He came around a cove and then the boat stoped. He said, I think we are out of gas. I was like WHAT! Then I turned around and there was this huge yacht coming very quickley. I got very nervous. We were not moving and he was coming straight for us. I was sure he did not see us. SO I stood up and waved and then moved to the middle of the boat.
The Yacht turned just in time and missed us by about a foot. It was just then, that Christian had checked the gas level, we had plenty and he got the motor started again.
So we headed on to the other side of the island to look at more bays.
I was really excited about going on the otherside, becasue I have not been on that side of the island yet. But just as we rounded an island we could see a wall of rain. Heavy, hard, cold rain. We laid the one pair of rain pants across the two of us, tightned out hoods and I put my head down. The rain was so hard that is felt like little bits of hail.
He sped up and headed back to his brygge. By the time we got off the boat the rain had stopped. And we were drenched. My jacket was stuck to me, but it held true, I was dry underneath. But my jeans were soaked. I hate walking in wet jeans. We stoped at his house so he could get a change of clothes.
I eneded up borrowing clothes also. He gave me a pair of dry jeans.
Christian is not what I would call a large man... his jeans were only 5 inches to big around the waist and about 6 inches to long. I could keep them up with my belt. When we headed downstairs in his house, his mother commented on my jeans and said Christian had a pair just like those. haha, they were his.
We decided to make a starter before dinner. We had good old Texas Nachos. His parents had never had them before. mmmm...did they taste good. After the starter his dad was asking how I got my jeans dry.... I had to tell him I was borrowning Christians. I guess borrowing clothes was not going to be a secret.
We cleaned up the kitchen and headed to my island for dinner with the family. I walked in with my wet clothes still dressed in Christian's clothes, and Trip asked...what happened? and are you wearing guys jeans? I told him what happened and he said rumors start when a girl arrives home in a guys clothing. We were teased all night long. I put my jeans in the dryer, and as soon as they were dry I put my own clothes back on. Who knew that only having one pair of jeans on the island would be a problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment