Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pinata Party

The family, each year, hosts a Pinata Party. In the past, it has been the highlight of the summer. Nora was incharge of adults and food, Trip was in charge of drinks, and I was in charge of entertainment and children. There were about 7 families, and then Jean, Blake, Christian and I. Totalling about 30 people. The day was very rainy, but we were determined to have a good time. Summer and I still had school in the morning. Jean, Blake and Christian put up the last of the decorations from America and filled the piniata with candy. Summer and Ihad made the Piniata to look like a big Disco Ball. As you all know this summer has been themed with Mama Mia. And Summer was performing to Dancing Queen. Here are some pictures and stories of the evenings events. Here Blake is filming all of the little skits. I have not yet watched the video, but I am sure there may be some parts worthy of Americas Funniest Home Videos, only could I send it in if the film was not taken in the US and it is not of American Citizens?
Here we are waiting to begin. Talking about order of the show and when they get the candy inside the disco ball.
The girls are waiting to take turns hitting the piniata. They were not really into hitting it, but they deffinantly wanted the candy inside.
This is a group of girls who had a silly skit. I am not sure I could tell you the plot or even the gist of what there skit was about. They are 8 and 10 yrs old. You know some times adults don't know what kids are talking about, or even understand what they are doing, they are just cute and you applude their effort.

Here is the Dancing Queen herself. Dora and Luvim are her back up dancer. I did not work much with her on coreography, I just showed her a couple of steps and she put them together in any sort of order.

Since we practiced every day about 400 times a day, she became quite good.

Summer is not what you call shy, she loves being in the center of attention. She also does not worry about what others are thinking about her.

I wish I could bottle her slef confidence and teach it to other people.


Jean and Blake were on the island for the Piniat Party. Here were are all pictured with Habib out by the pool in our costumes ( silly glasses).

Ok, now to explain the Habib joke....it is just ment to be funny, please do not think more into it other than a funny joke.

Christian lived in an Asian community when he lived and went to school in London. He learned to mimic how they talked. We all secretly wish we had a fabulous accent to speak in, and we all kind of hate the Texas drawl we are stuck with.

His friends in London thought it was funny to hear him talk the why they did with an "Indian" accent in English.

Every now and then he will talk like "Habib" and say funny things. He is a big joker and often makes jokes while talking in an accent. Then last summer he got the crazy idea to dress up like Habib. He painted himself and came over to the island.

No one recognized him. He fooled everyone on the island. It was a great joke. I have heard about it all summer, from everyone who was here when he made his last appearence. This summer, there were several requests for Habib to come and visit again. So Christian made an appearence at the piniata party. It was very funny and made everyone laugh very hard.

If you are reading this please know that it is not meant to hurt feelings, it is only in jest and a funny joke.
Well from the family and other friends, this piniata party was a hit and everyone had a great time. It might have been a little gray for the day, but we sure did light up the dance floor.






No comments: