Well it is that time of year again (no not Christmas, so many holiday letters begin with this saying) I am headed back to Norway to spend the summer tutoring. It was about this time last year when I was so stressed out about packing. I took 4 suitcases. This year it was a breeze! I did my laundry, laid out the clothes I like to wear, and then it took about an hour to get it all to fit into ONE suitcase. Now we all know that becasue of my gender, I have over packed! Oh well, it is less than last year!
Well we are T minus 3 days and my to do list is DONE! The only thing I really wanted to get done before I left was get my hair trimmed, but it does not look like that is going to happen. Oh well, I did want to grow it out for the summer. We will see how long it grows.
Well this summer I will be in Norway for about 8 weeks. I leave June 13th and return August 15th. I will get home 2 days before I have to be back at school in Keller. Bill, the guy I am dating, is going to come to visit for my birthday. We have booked a trip to Amsterdam and to Copenhagen. That should be a nice break. He is going to be the only person to visit me this summer. Last year I was spoiled with being visited twice, my parents and my girlfriends both were able to come out.
In case you were wondering, my birthday is June 29th. Please feel free to shower me with birthday wishes! ;)
I will outline the characters to remind everyone or catch you up if this is your first time reading my summer blog.
Kristiansand- the town home
Trundria- the island home
Summer- the girl I will be tutoring, she will be 12 soon
Nora- Summer's mom, she is Norwegian
Trip- Summer's dad, he is from Minnesota
The family lives in Dallas, TX and spends their summers in Kristiansand, Norway
Dora and Luvim- are Philippine girls who help out around the house with cooking and cleaning. They live in Oslo, Norway
Christian- is a family friend who lives in Oslo, but also has a summer house on an island across from the Trundria.
As I understand it, Nora thought there were to many people on the island last year. So this year I am supposed to stay in town and take the bus each morning to the island. That is going to be a lot of traveling, we will see how long that lasts.
Well it is time for me to soak up some of the Texas heat and sun. It is only 57 degrees in Norway and looks to be raining all week. Stay in Touch! Ha Det (good bye in Norwegian)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds exciting Megan! Have fun and thanks for keeping us all updated with your blog!
Post a Comment