Getting ready to leave and actually leaving a quite a production. Last year a tried to cram it all into a short amount of time, this did not work out well. I was stressed and not very nice. This year I had a week to seperate the end of school and leaving. It was a long time to not do very much. Becasue I planned way a head and made my really long to do list take about a month to complete. So I was done with everything I needed to do the week before I left. I even had my suitcase packed and ready to go before Wednesday.
So I played, alot. I hung out with Degas, Bill, and Jean mostly. A little with my parents and a little with Blake. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Texas had some really crazy storms. Jean and I went to a place called Flips to play some pool and the power went out. It was out for several hours. We played a little in the dark, but then we gave up. Bill met us and we hit up Waterburger. Just as we were leaving there, another wave came through. Sheets of rain.
On Thursday, it supposedly rained really hard again. I can not confirm becasue I was in a windowless room writting math curriculum for Kindergarten. I repeated my Thursday on Friday. Friday night I was oficially finished with my duties to Keller ISD. It was time to relax.
I had a pedicure and then Jean took me on a surpise for my birthday. I knew we were going to dinner, but just as we were leaving, she told me to take off all my jewlery and I had to wear tennis shoes. If any of you know me well, you know I DO NOT LIKE SUPRISES. They make me nervous. So I am like ok, but...and a never ending stream of questions started. Where are we going? Is it local? Do they know we are coming? What time are we suppoed to be there? Are their large animals involved? Do I need to take extra deoderant? Have you done this before?
She learned quickly, as we were stuck in traffic, that she should have not taken the long route that she took. She kept saying, "you"ll see!" And as she crossed the bridge and cut left across 3 lanes of traffic to turn left to go where we had come from, I realized we were going to Sam Moons. If you are not from Texas, but you come to Texas, you have to visit. It is a store for women who like Jewlery and purses. It is stuffed with cool, inexpensive accessories. I LOVE THIS PLACE! She gave me $27 to spend on anything I wanted. We ended up spending quite a bit, but I used a gift card and she used a gift card, the cash she gave me and then we charged a small ammount. It was lots of fun and a great way to start the trip. I bought this great yellow purse.
She then took me to dinner where we met up with Blake and had Mi Cocina's. Good Mexican Food. I won't get that for awhile. Then we played pool at the library. It was a good night. Then on Saturday, she got up early to get doughnuts. I think it is becoming a tradition to have doughnuts the morning I leave.
My parents and Bill took me to lunch at Uncle Julio's, yummy mexican! Then off to the airport. Well I had three suitcases this year. One less than last. This year I only paid one over weight fee. Then I hung out with my parents and Bill until it was time to board the plane. The gate was right on the other side of security and there was no line.
It was time to board and I walked through and they did not even have the flight up at the gate. KLM then announced that they would begin assigning seats. I looked at my ticket, I had a seat, but there were about 100 people who did not have seats. I thought, gosh, we are never going to leave on time.
We all boarded and we did leave on time. Now for the interesting part. Read The Plane ride, this blog is getting long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment