PLEASE FORGIVE MY SPELLING, THE WEBSITE IS IN NORWEGIAN AND IT THINKS I MISSPELL EVERY WORD. I AM A DEPLORABLE SPELLER!
Ok so on the plane I was on the left asile, in the last row of the middle section, next the bathroom. I thought, oh great I am going to hear everyone go to the bathroom. BUT I think it is the best seat on the whole plane! The chair reclined farther than most seats and i did not have to feel guilty about putting my seat all the way back in someones face. I could hear the toilet flush every once in awhile, but if I had head phones on, then I didn't hear anything. It was Awesome!
Now the people I was seated next to were a little strange. To my left was a lady in full muslim clothing and then her husband sat next to me. They did not speak English. Across the asile was a couple. They must have been in a new relationship. They made out most of the 8 hr flight, they stoped for eating and sleeping. But if they were awake, he was kissing her. She did not seem to into it, which made it a little more awkward. And of course, they were not American and did not speak english.
Well the muslims prayed several times. I was a little nervous, he would chant and bow and raise his hands. I was worried I would disturb him. I was petrified to touch him. I don't know customs and I did not want to ofend him. His wife got into an argument with a flight attendent about a cup and refused to be served or even talk to this specific flight attendent. She made quite a scene. They switched her flight attendent with a male attendent and she through a bigger fit. These poeple had special meals delivered and got to eat before anyone else. If he had to go the bathroom, he would ask his wife and the girl sitting next to her to get up, he never asked me to move. It was just interesting.
I slept most of the time, it seemed like a short flight, but then when you sleep 8 hrs flies by. We landed early in Amsterdam and I knew I had about 1 hr to get through passport check. But 1st I had to brush my teeth. I ate a whole box of Hot Tamales on the plane. I love that candy. For anyone reading, Please send another box with Bill! (he leaves to visit on June 23rd)
After I brused my teeth I got in a line at passport check that did not move. I was standing in line for the good part of an hr. I kept watching the fast lane to see if my flight showed up so i could jump through the security. But it never did. I finially got through, and they stamped my passport. It is the 1st stamp in my new passport, my old one expired. Then as I am going through, I pull my laptop out and take my shoes off. The guy running the conveyer belt called my pretty. I am sure I blushed and then as I walk through he told the guy on the other side, "pretty girl coming through" I laughed and he stoped me and said, "ma'am you have been randomly selected. Please stand here for a pat down." I thought, random, yeah right. But then a lady about my age came over. It was a little awkward. She patted me down really well. We made small talk. You know you have to get to know someone before you let them touch you like that :)
Ok, I got through the stressful part. I was really jonesing for a dr. pepper, but I won't get one of those for months. And then I realized I only had American dollars and they only take Euros. So I had to get caffenine on the next flight. I walked up to the gate just as the bus was arriving. Hoped on the bus and boarded a brand new city hopper plane. I gave my carry on suitcase to this guy to put on last. The overhead does not hold little suitcases. (MISTAKE) This plane was so new it had over head lights to signal to fasten you seat belt and to turn off electronics. There was no No smoking sign!
Once I got on, I meet a couple of guys from Alabama. They were coming to Kristiansand to be trained on a new oil rig. They are only in town til Friday. We talked about what to do in town. I told them it did not really get dark. The plane ride is so short, I am not even sure if they go very high. We land at Kjevik and things are great. I walk around to the other side of the plane to get my carry on and BAM! Down it falls. From the belly of the plane all the way to the concrete. All I could think was, " my laptop was right on top, and there it goes." Good thing I backed everything up before I left. OH WELL!
I walk inside a little depressed and pull my laptop out. It looks fine, but it fell more than 6ft. Face down. ugh, I was a little sick to my stomach. I go to get a luggage cart. But at this little bitty airport they have decided to lock up the carts. You must have a kroner coin to get a cart and I HAVE NO MONEY! I had to carry 3 suit cases out through customs. One suitcase does not have wheels. I hooked two together and draged the other one through customs. Luckliy customs is kind of a joke in Kristiansand, and there was no body there to even watch me struggle.
On the other side, waiting was Summer and Nora. It was good to see people I knew. Driving through town was a little werid. It was like coming home. Like hey, i know this place and it is familar. I did not feel like I was in a foregin counrty. HMMM. maybe I could live here. Only during the warm months though!
PS My laptop is fine. I am using it right now to blog. So far there are no problems. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am excited to read about your summer adventures again. Sounds like it has already been interesting, good thing your laptop is ok :)
Post a Comment