June 18, 2009
Yesterday (Wednesday afternoon) the family and I moved from the city home to the island. I love the island, but man is it a ordeal to get to the island. So fist we had to load the jeep (Cherokee ’92) with all of the suitcases. There were 8 suitcases, I owned one. Then we had to load the groceries, there were 15 bags. Then there were personal items, such as computer bags and purses and fleece. As Nora says, “It is chalk a block full!” I am not sure what that means, but you could not see out of the rear window and Summer and I did not have room for our feet and we were both holding a bag or two on our lap. We really should have taken a picture, because I have never seen a car soooo full.
So we drive on the brand new highway out to Trundroy. It is about a 30 min drive. The new highway is so nice and there was no traffic. We arrive at the parking spaces and we pull down to the large dock. Trip goes around and gets the boat and meets us down at the dock. (Known as a briga in Norwegian) We unload everything. We get it all onto the boat. We jump in and away to the island we go.
I am glad I took my fleece because the temperature dropped 5 degrees on the water. It was in the low 50s. We arrive on the island and the unpacking commences. On the Island everything is uphill from the briga. It is a good haul up the hill. My legs always get weary by the time I make it to the gate near the back.
We got all unpack and Nora and Trip began to fix dinner. We had the 1st wild salmon caught for the summer. It was a really good piece of fish. It was huge, I could not eat it all. Then it was time for bed. I am currently reading the 1st book from the Twilight series. And it is just as good and people say it is. I have not seen the movie, it is playing in Krisitnsand, and maybe I will go see it next week.
Today, June 18, 2009, was Summer’s birthday. She turned 12, she was so excited she got me up at 8am. I did not need to be up for another hr or so. We had a nice breakfast and then up stairs to work. This past winter, they had a desk built up there for us to work at. I moves the small child’s table we used last year out to the barn. Then we unpacked the suitcase I hauled over from America. Once we unpacked and got settled in, we started to work. I did not expect her to work very hard today considering it was her birthday, but she did great.
After school we got into the hot tub. It was not warm enough for me to go swimming in the pool. Once we got out of the pool, it was Party time! Nora made crème kake and sjokolade kake (or cream ckae and chocolate cake) It was soo good. She opened gifts and we celebrated. She got several small gifts and she also go an iPod Touch. She was so excited.
I have spent the last several hours trying to get her all set up. It has not been easy. The internet has been giving me trouble. We had a nice Asian dinner, pork and stir fry veggies from the garden with rice and sweet chili sauce. It was really good.
When it was time to go to bed, I knew it was time to conquer the large spider I had seen earlier in my room. So I reached out with a bottle of lotion. The spider jumped at me. I did not scream. I just droped the bottle of lotion. All of the talking down stairs stopped and waited. I told them the spider jumped at me and ran away. Trip and Summer came to my rescue. I knew it was in the pillows from the bed. He picked them up and took them to the hall way. We searched the room and no sign of the spider. I went to the hall way and moved the pillows. Sure enough there he was crawling away. Trip killed him. Ugh, I hate spiders. He kept calling me silly girl. I am sure I will not live that down. Next time he suggested I use a shoe instead of a bottle of lotion. Oh well, it is gone. Well that is all for now. Talk to you later! MJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like things are going well! Let me know how you like the Twilight book and movie...I LOVED them both! I've even re-read the book two more times (shhhh...don't tell anyone!).
Glad you killed the spider. I have the same fears. Can you check your email from there? I sent you one and was going to send you pictures too. Take care - It is suppose to be 100+ today.
Post a Comment