Monday, August 3, 2009

Only Disappointment---

Friday was one of those days that I should have crawled back into be and started all over again. First off, I over slept. So I woke up late and rushed to get ready. I could NOT find my sun glasses. So I ran up and down the stairs looking for them. I also spilled a coke on me as I was going down the stairs. I finally give up to head out to the island. I left about 5 mins late, but guess what there was traffic. There is NEVER traffic. And then I stop to get Nora's newspapers. Next it takes me more than 10 mins to turn left back onto the highway. I get to the dock and by chance I look under the passenger side seat and MY SUN GLASSES! point for Megan!

But on the way to the island, it poured. I was soaked. I had packed my rain pants, but was a wearing them...NO! Teaching was fine, no big deal, but then I get home and I start a tiny tiny fire in the micor wave. Woops! But I check the mail and I got a post card for a sweet guy in Texas! What a way to start the weekend.

Saturday was much better. I was awakened by a text saying "goodnight," from the sweet guy in Texas. I read a little in bed. Then I got up and went for a 2 1/2 hr bike ride. I went up and down, up and down all of the streets of Kristiansand. From river to ocean and highway to ocean. Kristiansand was deserted, so it was nice being alone on the streets. I came across a little antique sidewalk sale. I walked through. I probably would have spent money, if I had had cash. They had some great stuff. I made it back home around noon.

Took a short nap and went out shopping. I am trying to decide if I can pull of the skinny jeans. It is the IN fashion here. I know there are skinny jeans at home, but they wear them very differently here. All of the stores shut down around 4pm, so I took the long walk home and made dinner and talked to my Mom and Dad on Skype. Skype is the best ever. I also got to watch the SYTYCD show. I am way behind, but that means I will get to see the good shows when I get home and watch it on the DVR!

Sunday I was going to hike and bike some more. I was going to go back out on the island ad take pics to post, but it poured. ALL DAY. So I stayed in PJs ALL DAY. I watched a lot of TV, several movies and laid around being totally lazy! What better way to spend a rainy Sunday!
I have one more weekend left. I will do my best to hike and get some pics posted of the wonderful island.

This week is busy and so is next week. On Wednesday Summer and I will be hosting our End of the Summer Pinata Party! Summer and I have made a lovely CD shaped pinata! The theme of the party is Hip Hop. It should be fun, but lots of work! I will be on the island on Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Then the next week, Summer's past teacher Michaela, will be visiting. I will be staying out on the island during her stay to enjoy the celebration. She arrives on the 12th and then we all go home on the 15th!

Ok, I know I should not be counting down the days to come home, but I am ready to sleep in my bed. Cuddle my kitty, Degas. Talk to people on my cell phone without worrying about how much it will cost. And being around the people who love me. I miss Texas!
Things are different this summer, for good and for bad. I wouldn't change my experience for anything. But 9 wks is a long time to be away from home! Later! MJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are working too hard at having fun. I am glad you have so much energy. Looking forward to hearing you are home OK. Will you be going back next year? Love Aunt Billye