So I have found out that I really enjoy driving the car down the narrow highways around all the curves. I must have recently gotten over the fear of being hit by a passing car, because lastnight it was fun to drive home. Curvy, curvy, coast, hug in to the curve! I am much more confident driving to the island than drivng to the city. I like the other side of the road better. I know I am not always on the inside, but it feels like that and I am much more willing to take the curves with out breaking!!!
Here is my new fav recipe:
- Go to the back yard and pick a bug bucket of fresh cherries from the tree.
- Put them in a large pot with a little water and heat them for about 30 min. No need to sweeten, mother nature already took care of that!
- Then stir in a little Rum.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce!
OMG it is the best desert ever!!!!
Today it was 23C which is actually like 74F. But we are so close to the sun, it feels much warmer. In Texas, I would not call that hot, But here it is hot. I LOVE sitting out in the sun and reading. I put on SPF 70 and I still have tan lines. How does that happen?
The last thing I love about Norway is receiving post. My sweet boyfriend has replied to various post cards I have sent him. He sent me a post card that says Don't Mess With Texas. He also sent me a package. For a week or more I knew it was coming. Waiting for it was agonizing and when it did arrive I was stuck on the island! But I took the bike to the post office this morning and picked it up. He is so sweet to send me a surprise! I hate knowing about surprises, but I guess I do like receiving them.
Well I am packing this weekend. I will stay in Kristiansand for Sat and Sun and then Mon and Tues, but then on Wed I will be on the Island. Margit's old teacher is visiting. I will stay on the island on Wed night and Thurs. But then we will come to Kristiansand Fri night and THEN I GET TO COME HOME!!!!! I am not the least bit excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment