So yesterday after I worked with Summer, we went swimming. Then Nora and I laid out in the sun for a while. It was a beautiful day. I was not really wanting to get back to the city becasue it was going to be busy and loud. From June 30th through July 4th there are concerts going on in town. It is called the Quart Festival. They invited Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie, 3rd Eye Blind, some guy from the Rolling Stones etc. There were about 20 US bands and 30 NO bands. Loud, loud, loud. One of the smaller stages is right out side the garden in the back yard.
Well it was 6pm, I decided to head back to town. It is about a 30 min drive. When Trip and Nora dropped me off at the dock, they were going on a Boat Tour. I drove into town, traffic was busy, opened the garage, waited for a Quart Festival Van to get out of my way and was shocked, there was a car already oarked in the garage. WHAT!
It was a nice BMW, but the family only owns one car in Norway. So I back up and parrell park in front of the garage. I run in to make a phone call. I have to hurry becasue I saw the police ticketing on the street.
I run in, call all the numbers I have for the family, no answer, they are on a boat tour. I am a little nervous about this random car. If someone was going to visit, the family would have told me. So all the what if's are going through my head.
I see the lady officer ticketing a car across the street and then I see her photograph my car and begin to write me a ticket. I run out to stop her explain I live her and now I have to move the car. But where? I open the gate to the garden, hop the curb and pull the car in between the house and the garage. It is not a very big space, and when I have seen people do it, they always back in. So leaving is much easier. But I can't do that in a hurry and a little flustered.
So when you don't know what to do, who do you call?.....You call your mom! Moms always know what to do. I got my mom on the phone and she was helping me think of things to do to solve this mystery.
Finially in the story of the problem I mention the police outside ticketing. My mom says go tell them about this strange issue. So I go out there and ask if I can bother her with a small problem. I tell this lady the story. She is looking at me like I am making up a story. But I reassure her that I have lived with the family for the past 2 summers and I know they did not buy a car today. They would have mentioned that.
She states that what they do is look at the license plate, call it in to the station and then call the owner when a car is illegally parked. Her co-worker walked up to see what the issue was. The nice police lady explaines the situation and I get a WHAT?! So I take them into the garage.
I call the family one more time to make sure that they do not know whose car this is. As I do that they call it in to find out the owners name. She writes it down with a phone number. I do not know that person. Then they run a report and they find out that car has been recently stolen, but was returned to the owner.
They suggest maybe it was stolen again and it was hidden in the garage. Nora visited the house in town today, as she was backing out someone could have pulled in the garage. Then police lady says that the tinting on the car is really dark, she laughs and jokes that there is a body in the trunk. haha, so I am not crazy to think the very worst thing about this strange car in the garage.
The other police lady who was on the phone with the police department. Hangs up with them and places a call to the owner. She gets a hold of him and he begins to tell her that he owns the garage and that he lives at the house. I say, the male owner of this house does not speak norwegian.
Then she says that a resident is here and would like to speak to him. She hands the phone to me. He begins talking in Norwegian, I guess he thought I was Nora. I say I don't understand what he is saying. He says ,"oh, I am the guy who looks after the house for the family while they are gone. I came in for the party." I replied, "I do not know who you are, but I am staying at the house and need to park my car in the garage!" He says,"No problem, I will come and move my car over."
I thank the Police ladies and they leave. As I go in to wait, Trip calls. I tell him the whole story, and I say I still don't know who this guy is coming over to move his car. Trip goes, "Oh, Tor, he is the guy who fixes our pool. He has a garage opener. Just tell him to move the car over and share the garage for the evening."
The guy arrives, talks to Trip and moves his car over. I back the jeep out of the garden and put it into the garage. Much easier moving the car then I thought it would. The guy applogizes and goes back to what he was doing before I called the police on him.
Strange day! I am glad that the mystery was solved. No Harm, No Foul!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Again tonight, when I came home there was a work car in the garage! No workers, but a work car? Hmmm...do I see a patern. Whould you be ok giving someone access to your garage and never knowing when they are using it? I DON'T THINK SO!
Post a Comment