Friday, July 24, 2009

Books

So I have been reading a lot! Here is the list of the books I have read, some good, some not so good! Before I left for Norway, my parents bought me an Ipod Touch. I download books onto it using the Kindle Application. The print can be enlarged to be about the same as if it was a real book. So most of the books I have read have been on the Ipod. 

A Seriers of books: 
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- Loved it! Wanted more!
New Moon- Was depressed because the main characture was depressed the whole book!
Eclipse- Read this one in 2 days!
Breaking Dawn- Currently Reading, don't want to finish too quickly, the series ends with this book. I am totally hooked on them!

On the way here I was reading James Patterson, You've Been Warned- Great book until the end, I was disappointed in the ending. 

Twilight and the Spaces In Between by David Williams- a free book on Kindle reccommened for me. So I read it, it was gross. Kind of like a car crash that you can't take your eyes away from. It was about a serial killer, and a detective who was an alcoholic and a cutter. They had a relationship and she got him to escape from prison so she could kill him. It ended in blood and fire. Not a great book!

Then I read Serial by Jack Killborn, it was a short story about two serial killers who try to kill one another. Again a free book, bad car crash, not worth the time, read it in less than a day. 

I also downloaded a free romance novel, Called Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly. Again read it less than a day. I am not sure I am comfortable about reading about intimate relationships. I don't do romance novels, I much prefer murder and mystery.

There was an offer by a publisher, celebrating some books and they were free. The book was called Hide in Plain Sight. It was about a city girl gone to live with the Omish. It was a good easy read. I really enjoyed the light heartedness of the book. 

I downloaded Pride and Prejudice, ugh, have you heard the language in this book? It is like reading a foriegn Language. I know one of the most complicated love stories and charectures ever written. I should just push through. But right now I am not enjoying the read. 

I borrowed a book from the house on the island. Called Rise and Shine, by Anna Quindlen. It is about a GMA host who lets the F-word slip on a live mic. She runs away and her sister tries to get her back. Great story. All about family love. 

Next I borrowed Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsen. Another book about friends in Sweden. It is a good read. I have not finished it yet. 

I have also started Keeping the Faith by Jodi Picoult. I am only in the 1st couple of chapters. So she is suppoed to be a great author, but I have never read anything by her as of yet. 

So there you go, a short review of my summer reading. I am sure it would  not be on any scholarly list, but I have been able to keep my self occupied. If you want a suggestion, I would go with The Twilight Series. If Harry Potter was offered on Kindle I would be reading those too, it has been a while since I have enjoyed those books. (If the title is in red, I am reading it, if it is green I have completed the book.)


No comments: