Saturday, April 12, 2008

Preperation

If you are reading this blog, you know that I am spending my summer in Kristiansand, Norway. I am going to summer with a family while tutoring their ten year old daughter. I received notice that I got the job on April 8th. At first it did not sink in, I was literally in shock. I mean wow! What a wonderful opportunity! It is like a dream come true. I am meeting with the whole family, including the little girl on Sunday. I have lots of questions.

This is what I know so far: I will have the 4th floor flat of their in-city home. I will be commuting back and forth to their island home depending on where they are spending their time. I will spend 5 hours a day working with the little girl. The rest of the time is all mine to explore the area and travel to nearby cities. It is in the plans for my parents, my best friends Jean and Blake, and for Robert (the beau) to visit. I will be gone approximately 72 days!

Right now I am working on all the details of how to wrap up my life here in Texas and plan for spending 3 months abroad. I am very excited, but also completely overwhelmed with all that I need to do. I will do my best to keep you all informed of all the happenings. Wish me luck
!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan:
Received your email with your Preperation for Norway blog. We are so excited about you summer trip to Kristiansand. We are in the middle of looking for airlines and trains to travel to Norway the end of June for two weeks. We will depart DFW on June 25th just in time for your birthday. We will travel around Norway and over to Stockholm, Sweden during our visit.
We will return to Texas July 9th if all goes a planned.
See you tonight for Mom's birthday diner at 6:00 pm.
Love Dad & Mom

sarah said...

Megan-
Hey it is your cousin Sarah. My grandma passed on your blog info. How exciting, a summer abroad! I am looking forward to reading about your adventures. My family blog is:
www.michaelandsarahtrujillo.blogspot.com
Sarah

Anonymous said...

wow!!! what a wonderful opportunity and I'm so glad that you are taking it and running with it! Thanks for sharing and I will be checking regularly so there better be lots of pictures!! :)
Have a wonderful end of the year.
Spring

Anonymous said...

Megan were glad you came over for diner tonight. We have booked our flight to Norway and leave DFW June 25th. See ya there.

Unknown said...

Megan I can't wait to hear all about Norway! How exciting for you! I can't think of anyone better to have this wonderful life changing experience. I will look forward to your comments every day. Lots of details since I am married to someone who would probably never travel to Norway. Enjoy this once in a lifetime trip!
Big Hugs,
Debby

Anonymous said...

HI from Morgan! I really like your pictures. I have been missing you.
Love,
Morgan