It is a hard job preparing for a summer abroad. Who knew there was so much to do, to wrap a life state side to spend time over seas. Well I have made list, after list; hopefully I do not miss anything. I was able to accomplish some of the things on my list, like writting at least 20 checks in preperation for paying bills while I am gone. My sweet, sweet roommate will be filling in the amount and sending them off.
Well today I spent some more time with the family. I was able to meet with the tutor who is currently working with Summer and ask alot of questions. Then Nora and I went shopping for materials to take. We went to the mecca of all teaching stores, Lakeshore. Ok, how did I not know about this store. I knew that there was a catalog, but to actually shop in person. Oh, I was in heaven. It was fun to buy anything and everything that I will need while I am over in Norway. I am totally going back to the Lakeshore store to shop for my classroom when I get back.
This eveing I spent time going through all the things I bought today and learning how to use them, etc. Nora also gave me Summers Mac Laptop to use. I am going through the programs and adding a couple of new programs on to use with Summer. I do not have a whole lot of experience using a Mac, it will take a little getting used to.
I also set up a Skype account. For those of you who do not know what that is, it is the coolest thing ever. It is internet to internet phone calls. All you have to do is download it, create an account, and then search for MeJolley, and you can talk to me in Norway for FREE!!! I would love to hear from all of you while I am there. I also have it set up so you can see me while I talk to you. It is like video conferencing, only way cooler! Please check it out and post your account name so I can save it and then take calls from you. I have it set to private, so unless I know your account name, I will not be able to accept your calls. I hope to talk to each and every one of you at least once while I am there. Remember there is an 8 hr time difference, so don't call me in the middle of the night, and I won't call you in the middle of the night! haha!
Well not much else going on, just trying to get it all situated and stuff. Thanks for reading and will type later! Love!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Mo Jo! It finally let me comment!! YAHOO! Im glad your day with Nora went well! I cant wait to hear about all your experiences!! Love you!
I love reading your comments about what you are doing to prepare to go to Norway. What excitement in the air ~ ~ ~ all the time!!! This store you went shopping in sounds like a dream. I'm sure you will pass the info along to other teachers.
I'll try setting up that phone line, it would be a neat experience for me. So cool to talk so far away AND for free!!
It won't be long and you will be leaving the states for your new adventure. Wish you success with your student, and have FUN!!
Lois & Mike
Post a Comment